1. Introduction-it is the age of science. There are many wonders of science. Science plays an important part in our daily life. It has made our life easier and more comfortable. Science is nothing but a systematic way of knowledge and living. Man’s qualities of curiously, alertness and keen observation of changes in natural happenings has given birth to science and scientific study.
2. Scientific Invention- Scientists have invented several things and machine – big and small – through observation of very simple events. Water boiling in a kettle has given us the idea of Railway engine. Falling of apple from a tree has helped Newton to discover the law of gravity. Electricity is the greatest invention of man. It serves us in hundreds and thousands of ways. It runs our trains, mills and factories. It cools and keeps our houses warm. It washes and irons our clothes. It gives us cool air and entertains us through Cinema, TV and radio, besides lighting our houses. Modernlife is impossible without electricity.
3. Means of communication-Buses, cars, trains, ships and aeroplanes are the greatest contribution of science. Man can reach any part of the world within hours. He has even reached the other planets with the help of science. The day is not very far when man will be able to travel easily to other stars and planets.
4. Medicine and surgery-Science has not only cured man from terrible diseases, it has lengthened his age and made him healthier as well. In the field of surgery too, Science has done wonders. Heart surgery and heart transplantation have become ordinary things now- a-day. Science has controlled incurable diseases like T.B., leprosy and Cancer too.
5. Atomic energy- With the discovery of atomic energy man has harnessed an inexhaustible source of energy. It can meet the demands of energy of the world for a long time